As an on-call firefighter, you have to rush to the station whenever the pager goes off. You hop in your car, get to the station, gear up and drive off in the appliance to the site of the incident. Right?
However, there are unexpected situations that can delay turnout time and, when it comes to an emergency, every second counts.
Having the appliance unavailable due to maintenance or engine breakdown is just one of the reasons why response times can increase, but this also can be linked to increased traffic, lack of communication and crew members taking too long to show up.
At FireServiceRota we have come up with a solution to these issues. We partnered up with several ride-sharing companies to create “Appliance on Demand”, currently only accessible through FireServiceRota’s new mobile app.
FireServiceRota’s Appliance on Demand allow firefighters to get a fully equipped ride to the site of the incident directly from the app, removing some of the biggest issues of driving yourself to the incident.
With FireServiceRota’s Appliance on Demand, you can now:
- Get to the site of incident the quickest way possible with the help of certified drivers aided with the latest technology in navigation and route optimization.
- Set a plan of attack with the full attending crew on your way to the incident, without worrying about who’s driving.
- Mobilize appliances quicker, even if not enough members have turned out to the station, as they can ride to the incident onAppliance on Demand.
- Get a second round of firefighters to the site of the incident even after the main appliance left, increasing the workforce and reducing the impact of the fire.
- Get to the action without losing time parking the appliance.
The video below shows how it integrates with the most popular ride-sharing apps:
The new feature is going to be testing new, fully equipped vehicles that will allow firefighters to ride comfortably and hop in and out of the vehicle quickly. FSR’s Appliance on Demand utilizes a fleet of HOPE Technik LF5G, AKA Red Rhinos, which are considered the fire trucks of the future.
In relation to the breakthrough technology, FireServiceRota’s co-founder made the following statement:
“Collaborative economies have never been so helpful for the fire and rescue services in the UK. We are very excited to team up with one of the world leaders when it comes to innovative ways of transport.” – said Ruben Stranders, co-founder and Chief Innovation Officer at FireServiceRota – “It is absolutely fantastic what the App development team has achieved in the past few months”
If you want to get access to FireServiceRota’s amazing new features, you can request a free 30-minute consultation and learn more about how implementing technology in your Fire and Rescue Service can help you improve and overcome your station’s challenges.